Husband Opens Up: I'm Tired of My ‘Silver-Spoon’ Wife

By
Advertisement
i-am-tired-of-my-silver-spoon-wife 

My new wife is obviously not interested in creating a home for us. I have a good job, which means I am often away during the week, but she seems to resent doing any housework. She is supposed to be in their family business, but she scarcely goes there.
I assumed when we got married the deal would be that I’d earn the money while she kept our home ticking over. But I’ve never got a clean shirt or anything decent to eat – and the house is always in chaos. All she wants to do is see her friends. 

Her parents have agreed to help with domestic helps but for how long? She’s always been spoilt by her parents but they had assured me she could cope with marriage.
How do I make her understand that I can’t function like this? It’s a bit too early to be complaining to her parents. 
- A newly married man sent this to Aunty Bunmi. Below is the reply he got:

Dear Paul,
If you two have never sat down to discuss how you’re going to live your new life, you can’t blame your wife for not knowing what the ‘deal’ is supposed to be.
Her transition into a good house-wife is going to take a lot of efforts and patience from you. 

This is a new journey, especially because of the way her parents raised (pampered) her, and compromises will be needed all along the line.
But you can’t compromise unless you talk – so talk some sense into her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics